Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Halloween 2008 (a little late)

If Blogger gave out awards to the worst mom blogger, I would win hands down! I could be passive aggressive and say something like, "Well, I'd rather spend my time with Ellie than on a computer typing about her." Yeah, that works! ;) But, truth of the matter is that keeping up with a full time job, commute, Ellie, Artie, house, etc., the last think I want to do is get on my laptop.

So, here are some Ellie updates. . .
For Halloween, Ellie was "Buzz. The Georgia Tech Mascot." Cute, huh? I was Cleopatra. We went to Trunk or Treat at our church and saw many other bees there. None were as cute as Ellie, but I'm not biased or anything. :) As you can see from the above picture, Ellie is a crawling maniac! She started crawling the day before Halloween and hasn't stopped yet! Artie and I tried thinking how we would TEACH Ellie to crawl. Needless to say, you don't have to TEACH a baby to crawl. In typical Ellie fashion, she didn't want us to see her crawl until she perfected it. One day, I was in the kitchen and Ellie was (or so I thought) in the living room. All of a sudden, she was in the kitchen. And, she had her big toothy grin on her face when she saw the surprise on my face! Artie kept saying "I can't wait until she starts crawling" when she was little. Now that she is crawling, we don't get a moment's rest! We need, "That's not for Ellie's" and "No" on loop in our house. We've baby proofed (and re-baby proofed) our house, but Ellie seems to find our weaknesses. She's a BIG fan of power cords, laptops, cell phones, and shoes. Her toys? Not so much!

No comments: