Sunday, May 4, 2008

But, She's Got A Great Personality


People often ask, "Does Ellie sleep through the night?" The answer: YES! Well, she wakes up every three hours to eat. Artie and I don't mind feeding her in the middle of the night, since we are so desperate to get her to gain weight.
But, the thing that amazes us is that she has such a strong personality! People say, "Oh, when she hits three months, that is when the personality really comes out!" So, I thought I would post some of the ways Ellie's personality is shining through!
1. When Ellie is done eating, she locks her lips together and won't let the bottle in her mouth. She has done this since birth. Artie says she gets her stubbornness from her mother. Whatever.
2. If you make kissing noises to her, she will get a big goofy grin on her face.
3. She has so many things to say! She'll tell us something, so we respond. Sometimes, she'll make a face at us after she hears what we have to say. I'm sure she's said something like, "I'm tired of mommy changing my outfits all day long. I'm not your personal Barbie doll, woman!" When we say, "Oh, yes Ellie. You are right!" I'm sure she thinks----"Well, that was easy enough!"
4. She is not a fan of having socks on her feet or a blanket on her. We tried swaddling her, but she would get very squirmy. As for the socks, when we manage to get her feet in them, she will kick them off in seconds. In fact, the white thing you see in this picture is her sock about to go flying from her foot.
5. She LOVES cuddling. In fact, when she gets fussy (which isn't all the time), we lie with her on the couch or in bed. She could sleep for hours; we could watch her for hours! She makes the cutest facial expressions when she sleeps.
6. When you pick her up after she's been sleeping, she stays tight in a ball as you put her up to you.
7. She LOVES to stretch (which could be why she hates being swaddled). She makes the funniest faces when she stretches, too. She'll raise her eyebrows and purse her lips together.
8. She has a passion for leather. She enjoys lying on the couch. And, she can stare at the back of the couch for HOURS. She will giggle at it, too. Which freaks Mommy OUT!
9. She will smile and giggle at nothing. I'm convinced that her Guardian Angels are entertaining her at those times.
10. She hates having a wet diaper. If she has a #2, she would sit in it for hours----no problem. But, if she tinkles, you better change that diaper right away.

Overall, we are so lucky to have such a happy baby! I can't wait until she gets older and more of her personality becomes apparent.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Awww...that makes me miss her!! Wait. No. I don't believe you. All lies. You must bring her to me to prove it. I want to see her for REAL!!

And I had to laugh when you said you're eager for her to get older so you can see more of her personality. hehe I thought, watch what you wish for!!